At Lake Escapes Boat Rentals, whether you’re relaxing on one of our Aloha pontoons or waterskiing with one of our amazing Air Nautique surf boats, we endeavor to make your boating trip as fun and safe as possible so you can hit the water and enjoy your time without worry. It’s fun simplified.
With that in mind, we maintain our boats in excellent mechanical condition to avoid as much wear on the crafts as possible and keep them immaculately clean to help everyone coming in contact with the vessels stay healthy.
However, we encourage everyone who enjoys boating to keep safety in mind, so here are a few tips we recommend for to keep your next boating adventure safe.
- Check the Weather- Although the weather forecast can be a bit off sometimes, it never hurts to be prepared. Take a moment to check the forecast for your trip and that way, you know to pack an extra layer if it promises to be a bit chilly…or, heaven forbid, if the weather’s going to be completely abysmal, you know to save your boating money for a later day.
- Stay Alert– It’s fun to get out away from everything and forget the daily life but we can’t guarantee someone else isn’t doing the same. So please stay alert for other crafts on the water. Keeping in mind that a larger boat may not be able to stop as fast or turn as easily can go a long way in keeping you safe.
- Familiarize Yourself with the Boat – It’s never a bad idea to have more than one person on board familiar with the boat’s operations. If the primary driver is injured or incapacitated in any way, it’s important to make sure someone else can get everyone back to shore.
- Tell Someone the Plan – Telling someone not on the boat about the when and where of your outing plans ensures someone’s aware of when you should be back. In that case, that person who can send help if, for whatever reason, you don’t make it back to shore and can’t get a call out.
5. Life Jackets – Familiarize yourself with the life jackets before you leave shore. Make sure there’s enough for everyone in your party and you’re comfortable with adjusting them. That way there’s no chaos if you find yourself in need of them. You can read more about Life Jackets/PFD’s here. (We do provide life jackets with every rental, but as we mention here, please familiarize yourself with their location and how they work.)
We’ve posted these before but it never hurts to review before you head out. Stay safe and enjoy your time out on the water!