(Image from FoodFunFamily.com)So thinking about boating got me to thinking about hanging out on the beach. This got me to thinking about fun food on the beach and from there I ran down the rabbit hole of finding fun food ideas to share with you to take on the boat.This led me to Sand Pudding Cups, which I found on the Food Fun Family blog. (Hop over for all sorts of fun food recipes!)If you’ve got kids, this might be a great way to get them into the mood for some boat time.
Check it out:Prep Time: 40 mins/Total Time: 40 mins/Serves up to 12
- 1 package vanilla sandwich cookies (Golden Oreos)
- 5 graham crackers
- 2 small boxes Vanilla instant pudding mix
- Milk (according to instant pudding recipe)
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- 12 plastic cups (if you’d like to take this on the boat, find cups you can put a lid on =)
- 24 Teddy Grahams
- 12 mini umbrellas
- 12 jawbreakers or gumballs
- Place cookies and graham crackers in blender and blend into crumbs.
- Mix both boxes of vanilla instant pudding according to package directions. Blend in cream cheese then fold in Cool Whip.
- Layer a small amount of cookie crumbs and a few spoonfuls of pudding (beginning and ending with cookie crumbs). Hint: Gently tap each cup down on the counter after each layer to flatten.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.