First of all, we at Lake Escapes Boat Rentals wish you an amazing holiday season! We hope you get to celebrate this time with wonderful friends and family. As we all know, this time of year is filled with gatherings in which you usually need to bring a delicious dish of food. (This is how we all end up over eating, but we won’t get into that) 😉 And if you’re like me, you might have a party in the next few evenings that require just such a dish, but you might not have an afternoon to bake cookies. So here’s a recipe for Dark Chocolate Fudge…that you make in the microwave. You heard that right. You throw this together and let it set in the fridge. It’s some of the smoothest fudge I’ve ever come across, and it doesn’t take hours to make. (Other than the cooling process but this can be speeded up in the freezer.)
Here are the details for Dark Chocolate Fudge:
Ingredients:1/2 Cup light corn syrup 1/3 Cup Evaporated Milk 3 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips 3/4 Cup Confectioners Sugar 2 tsp Vanilla 1 Cup Chopped Nuts (Optional)
- Spray an 8inch pan with cooking spray
- Stir together in a microwavable bowl the corn syrup and milk until smooth
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes (Caution, if you tap the bowl on the counter, this can ‘pop’ at you and burn, so gently pull it out of the microwave when it’s done.)
- While still hot, stir in the chocolate chips until they’re melted.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and nuts.
- Stir together until mixture is thick and glossy.
- Spread into pan and refrigerate for 2 hours (To speed up the process, throw in the freezer. Be careful not to forget about it though, or you’ll end up with fudge icicles.)