Last week we had fun dreaming of chocolate rivers and making banana boats because, well, the weather’s just a bit too gloomy to be out on the lake but we’re boat aficionados, and dreaming of boating is what we do.
So this week, it’s Baked Egg Boats for Breakfast. We’re gonna start the day right!
Here’s the skinny to start your day. (Recipe found at Spoonforkbacon.)
4 demi sourdough baguettes
1/3 cup heavy cream
4 ounces pancetta, finely chopped and fried until crisp
3 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a deep “V” through the tops of each baguette until about a 1/2 inch to the bottom. Partially unstuff the baguettes. Set aside.
- Place the eggs and cream into a mixing bowl and lightly beat together. Whisk in the remaining ingredients and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Divide and pour the mixture into each baguette boat and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, puffed and set in the center. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cool for about 5 minutes, cut and serve.
Now that you’ve started your day in the boating way, maybe you’re ready for some chilly weather lake time after all!