(Image from FoodFunFamily.com)
So thinking about boating got me to thinking about hanging out on the beach. This got me to thinking about fun food on the beach and from there I ran down the rabbit hole of finding fun food ideas to share with you to take on the boat.
This led me to Sand Pudding Cups, which I found on the Food Fun Family blog. (Hop over for all sorts of fun food recipes!)
If you’ve got kids, this might be a great way to get them into the mood for some boat time.
Check it out:
Prep Time: 40 mins/Total Time: 40 mins/Serves up to 12
- 1 package vanilla sandwich cookies (Golden Oreos)
- 5 graham crackers
- 2 small boxes Vanilla instant pudding mix
- Milk (according to instant pudding recipe)
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- 12 plastic cups (if you’d like to take this on the boat, find cups you can put a lid on =)
- 24 Teddy Grahams
- 12 mini umbrellas
- 12 jawbreakers or gumballs
- Place cookies and graham crackers in blender and blend into crumbs.
- Mix both boxes of vanilla instant pudding according to package directions. Blend in cream cheese then fold in Cool Whip.
- Layer a small amount of cookie crumbs and a few spoonfuls of pudding (beginning and ending with cookie crumbs). Hint: Gently tap each cup down on the counter after each layer to flatten.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
“Decorate” your sand pudding with mini umbrellas, teddy grahams, and a gumdrop beach ball before serving.
Now you’ve got your Sand Pudding, you can take some beach with you on the boat!